Created by Ashleigh on November 24, 2017
This pot pie is hearty, creamy, and so delicious. It’s the perfect meal for winter celebrations and is definitely a crowd pleaser, not to mention it’s grain free! Try it out for your next family get together this season! SaveSave
- 3 cups diced onion
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups diced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cups cooked brown lentils
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (divided)
- cup coconut milk
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, sauté the onions in the coconut oil over medium-high heat until caramelized and fragrant, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add vegetable broth by the spoonful as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, carrots, poultry seasoning and remaining vegetable broth to the pot. Bring to a rapid simmer, cover and continue cooking at medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the potatoes and carrots are fork tender, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the peas, mushrooms, lentils, coconut milk and sea salt to the pot and bring everything to a low simmer. Cover the pot and continue cooking another 5 to 10 minutes until everything is hot and cooked through. Taste and add additional salt if desired.
- To bake the crusts, combine the almond flour, baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of the sea salt in a mixing bowl and stir until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the avocado oil and water. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Press the dough evenly into a greased pie pan and bake for 15 to 17 minutes until the edges turn golden brown and crust is firm and dry.
- Remove the pie crust from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 5 minutes. Then, add the pot pie filling and serve!