Created by Ashleigh on January 31, 2017
It isn’t easy cooking for a family and sometimes making dinner feels really overwhelming. Just the act of chopping vegetables can feel like it is too much! Instead of turning to take out or other less ideal options, give this incredibly simple curry recipe a try. It’s made only from things that you can find...
- teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 lime (optional)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 bag of frozen mushrooms (approximately 10 oz)
- 1 bag of frozen butternut squash (approximately 10 oz)
- 1 bag of frozen peas (approximately 10 oz)
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli (approximately 10 oz)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (or sun dried tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 bag of frozen pearl onions (approximately 10 oz)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large pot, heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and add in all of the frozen pearl onions. Sauté over high heat until all of the water has evaporated and the onions are cooked through and golden.
- Add the second teaspoon of coconut oil into the pot along with the curry powder, garlic powder, ground ginger, sea salt, honey and tomato sauce. Continue cooking over medium-high heat and stir until well combined.
- Add all of the remaining frozen vegetables and continue to cook in a covered pot over medium heat while stirring occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes until the vegetables have completely thawed.
- Add the whole can of coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring the curry to a simmer for 2 to 3 minutes more until heated through. Adjust with more salt to taste and serve topped with lime juice and red pepper flakes if desired!
- Note: You can use any frozen vegetables you want and feel free to add fresh too. This is just what we had on hand. This curry would be awesome topped with some fresh cilantro as well!